Why should you consider becoming a René Cassin trustee?
We are looking to strengthen our governance by appointing up to four new trustees to join our Board.
We are proud of our work to promote and protect universal human rights drawing on Jewish experience and values.
· the timeless and universal nature of human rights values and protections.
· the distinctive Jewish contribution to the current landscape of international human rights within the UK and Europe.
· the historical role played by our namesake, Monsieur René Cassin, in the development of the contemporary human rights framework in the aftermath of the Jewish experience in the Second World War.
This is a particularly important time. We live in an era characterised by populism; a hostile environment towards minorities, refugees and asylum seekers; and increasing levels of attacks on the most basic principles of human rights – principles that Jewish activists and jurists did so much to secure in the years immediately following 1945.
There has never been a greater need for a strong Jewish advocate, actor, and partner making the case for the contemporary importance of human rights values and protections. There has never been a more important time to get involved in our work.
The Trustee Role:
Join us and make your distinctive contribution to:
· Shaping our strategy, impact and influence.
· Extending our reach, reputation and capabilities.
· Securing our long-term sustainability.
· Enhancing our contacts and connections both within and beyond the Jewish community
We are looking to appoint up to four new trustees. We are likely to be appointing a new Chair by 2025 so these roles could be particularly attractive if you have the ambition to become a Chair or have chairing experience.
We are particularly interested in attracting interest from candidates with the following backgrounds and experiences:
· Public policy e.g. relevant legislation such as immigration, human rights protections etc.
· Familiarity with Jewish text and teachings.
· Mobilising and engaging with the UK’s Jewish community.
· Capacity to leverage your personal and professional contacts in support of our charitable purposes.
· Monitoring and evaluation including effectiveness of campaigning work and overall organisational impact.
How to Apply:
If you are interested in this opportunity, please send a CV and one-page cover letter to email@example.com with ‘Trustee Application’ in the subject line.
You are welcome to have an informal chat with our Chair, Daniel Silverstone: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Or feel free to email René Cassin’s Executive Director, Mia Hasenson-Gross: email@example.com.
The closing date for applications is Friday 16 February 2024.
Read the full Trustee Board Recruitment Information Pack here.